WE ARE STILL ALLOWED TO RUN OUTDOOR FITNESS SESSIONS AT THE REAR OF OUR SPACIOUS OUTDOOR FACILITY IN WOOLLOONGABBA!
We are following all protocols to keep everyone absolutely safe. Since we exceed guidelines for safe and responsible exercise in our outdoor setting, we are permitted to have you continue using your membership training in our spacious outdoor area at our existing location in Woolloongabba, thank goodness!
Right now we are really financially bleeding with the recent government announcement regarding the mandatory temporary closure of our indoor facility. Unfortunately, it is our understanding that the fitness industry is getting no financial government support to cover the Tens of Thousands of Dollars on monthly financial expenses such us our basic overhead costs relating to ongoing landlord rental, utilities, and other ongoing commercial agreements. And so here we are working tirelessly to find ways to keep adding value to our amazing local member community, so that we can stay afloat, not just to cover our commercial costs, but also feed our young families.
Now is the time we can help each other. Now is the time we must stick together and be as flexible as possible in these trying times. We have been overwhelmed by the amount of amazing support messages we have received and the continued requests to keep finding a way to help you all stay fit and healthy. We understand that it is absolutely vital that you can keep your immune systems strong while preventing mental health risks by being stuck on your own. These are unprecedented times, and we are doing what we can to accommodate your need to keep active in a safe and responsible RISK-FREE way, and most importantly continue to exceed safety guidelines recommended by our government, and the World Health Organisation. As we have found a way forward, this is how we can support each other to Stay Positive, physically and mentally healthy and as a close knit wonderful community:
Outdoor Fitness Hours
*Please Note: We will do whatever we can to accommodate any genuine requests outside of these times. We are prepared to consider differing hours and be flexible, to make appropriate changes to times if necessary. We kindly ask for your flexibility in return as hours will be subject to change without prior warning in order to meet important changes to guidelines
Strict Safety Guidlines Apply
"It’s still safe to keep active despite gym indoor closures" - Barrie Elvish, CEO of Fitness Australia
We will exceed the following Fitness Australia Outdoor Training Guidelines As Per:
Addendum - March 22nd 2020
Fitness Australia Require Personal Trainers delivering outdoor training to follow recommendations of the Australian Health Protection Principle Committee, an adviser to the Australia Government, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Outdoor training should follow these precautions:
- Consider the size of the space, the number of people in it, and how much room people have to move around safely - as a general rule, people should be able to keep 1.5 metres apart and 1 person per 4 square metres
- Make hand hygiene products and suitable rubbish bins readily available
- Conduct frequent cleaning and waste disposal.*
Reinforcement of vigilant practices with hygiene and cleaning should be followed. Consider encouraging clients to:
- Bring their own drink bottles (not to be shared) and equipment ie. towel and sport shoes
- Remind clients at the commencement of session of the required changes in activities and interactions between staff and other participants throughout this period
- Support clients and celebrate success verbally and/or with positive gestures ensuring social distancing rather than high 5's or handshakes.
* Australian Government, Department of Health (March, 22, 2020) Https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-public-gatherings-and-visits-to-vulnerable-groups
Thank you all for your support during these unprecedented times. We look forward to your smiley face while respecting our social distancing guidelines.
The Helfi Team
Click The Gold Star Below Showcasing More Helfi Reviews